WE WON THE SEEDS OF CHANGE GRANT!
It all starts with a single seed! We are proud to share that we have been selected as a 2015 Seeds of Change® Grant Program recipient. Thanks for your support and votes! We have been amazed and inspired by the support surrounding our community farm. We couldn't have done it without you!
With this $10,000 grant, we will work on the following initiatives at the farm over the next several seasons:
- Launch a pilot summer program at the farm for kids ages 5-9
- Build a ¼ acre model homestead at farm
- Design a program for Kids to grow veggies, raise bees for honey, hens for eggs & pigs for meat
- Hire more staff & interns to host more field trips and to offer more summer programs
- Expand marketing efforts to increase community participation in farm
- Begin to design a Farm to School program in partnership with the Norwell Schools, grades K-12 that can be a model for other schools on the South Shore