Seeds of Change Grant
NORWELL FARMS WAS AWARDED $10,000 FROM THE SEEDS OF CHANGE® 2015 GRANT PROGRAM TO HELP CONNECT THEIR COMMUNITY TO THE FOOD THEY EAT, FROM SEED TO PLATE
“It all starts with a single seed! We are so proud. Thank you everyone for your support in the past, as volunteers, CSA members, farm stand customers, event participants, supporters, board members, and friends and neighbors. We would not have received this grant if it were not for all the hard work we’ve accomplished together in the last 5 years. We are so excited to continue to promote sustainable agriculture and support the local food movement in our community.” Nikki Bartley, Farm Director
With this grant, Norwell Farms will launch the following initiatives over the next 18-24 months:
- Offer a pilot summer program at the farm for kids ages 5-10. Please click here for registration information.
- We will design & install a quarter-acre model homestead at farm.
- Kids will grow vegetables, raise bees for honey, hens for eggs and pigs for meat
- Kids will sell their food to schools & donate to food pantry
- Hire more staff & interns and purchase supplies for new programs
- Expand marketing efforts to increase community participation in farm
- Design a Farm to School program in partnership with the Norwell Schools, grades K-12. Our hope is that we can build a model that can be used by other school districts on the South Shore.